On that note, here we talk about the simple ways that can help you get fair skin! To know more, keep reading.
Tips For Fair SkinMany cosmetic products like BB creams, tinted lotions and moisturizers claim to provide instant fairness. But all of these products lighten your skin only for a short duration. Fairness cannot be achieved overnight and one has to take care of one’s skin regularly to achieve the desired fairness. For instant glowing and fair skin, always keep these mantras in mind:
- Follow the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) routine daily.
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. This will help to remove the dead cells and open pores, thus lightening your skin tone.
- Always use sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out from home. A good sunscreen with SPF 40 will help to prevent tan in the Indian climate.
- Drink adequate amount of water to keep your body and skin hydrated. A good sleep at night is also very important for healthy and glowing skin.
- Indulge in home remedies like face packs and scrub for natural fairness.
[ Read: Homemade Skin Lightening Remedies ]
15 Simple and Quick Home Remedies for Fair SkinHere is some easy and quick skin lightening home remedies for fair skin:
1. Lemon:Lemon is the best natural remedy for skin lightening. It helps to reduce the blemishes and dark spots. Rub fresh lemon juice over the darkened skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Remember not to expose yourself to the sun, while doing this treatment. There is no way that you look for skin lightening tips and not find lemon on the list. You should be careful as lemon can cause irritation on the wounds and cuts.
2. Milk:Prepare a face pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey. Make a smooth paste and apply all over your face. Rub gently in circular motions and keep for 15 minutes. Use low fat milk if you have oily skin and full cream milk if you have dry skin.
3. Turmeric:This is an ingredient used by our ancestors and is still considered as one of the best home remedy for fair skin. Prepare the mask by combining 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. Apply over the exposed skin and keep for 15 minutes. You should be careful while using this pack, as turmeric can stain your clothes.
People with sensitive skin can dilute the pack with a little amount of water.
4. Egg Pack:Beat an egg till it’s fluffy and frothy. Apply on the face and keep it on till it dries off completely. Wash off with cool water. You can also add lemon juice or 2 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, to reduce the smell of the egg.
5. Tomato:Tomato contains lycopene, which helps to reduce tan instantly. A perfect choice for the home remedies for skin lightening. This face pack will lighten the skin tone, reduce tan and eliminate the dead cells on the face. In a blender,
add 1-2 tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. You can also add gram flour (besan) into it. Blend well to make a smooth paste. Apply this all over the face and keep for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water and repeat this procedure daily before bath.
6. Hot Oil Body Massage:Enjoying your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. To this, add crushed neem and tulsi leaves and warm gently. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus reduces tan.
7. Yogurt Pack:In 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply on your face and keep for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Repeat this procedure daily for best results.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Flawless Skin ]
8. Fruit Pack:Fruits can work wonders for your skin and also provide you with naturally glowing skin. Prepare a fruit pack by combining the pulp of an avocado, papaya and cucumber. Then add 2 teaspoons of cream or malai. Mix well to form a paste and apply all over the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. People with oily or combination skin can avoid adding cream, they can add multani mitti instead into the pack.
9. Rose Water:Rose water is filled with antioxidants and vitamins that help to soothe irritated skin. It is also good for sensitive and oily skin. You can add rose water to homemade face packs and scrubs. Washing your face daily with rose water improves the skin tone and makes it clear. Never apply soap when you are washing your face with rose water. You can spritz some rose water to look fresh instantly.
10. Cumin Seeds:Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in water and wash your face daily with this concoction to get a clearer complexion.
11. Tender Coconut Water:Water from tender coconut also ensures a healthy and bright skin. Apply it twice daily to get fair skin free of scars and blemishes. Keep it for 15 minutes on your face and wash it off.
12. Papaya:Papaya fruit contains an enzyme called papain that helps to exfoliate the skin, and this makes way for new skin cells to emerge.Papaya also contains vitamin C. Choose a green papaya to make your face mask, papain is most concentrated in a green papaya.
To make a papaya mask:
- Peel and slice the papaya.
- Put it in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it away with warm water.
13. Gram Flour:Gram flour is a great exfoliant that is gentle on the skin. It will exfoliate the skin without scratching and stretching. Take 2 tablespoons of gram or wheat flour and make a paste. Apply it on your face using an upward motion. Leave it to dry completely and then wash your skin with warm water. This will remove the dead skin cells and make your skin look naturally fresh. You can also add gram flour with rose water and turmeric for better results. Don’t apply soap on your face after you are done with this treatment.
14. Fuller’s Earth:Fuller’s Earth also known as multani mitti helps to soak up oils, it is great for those who have acne prone oily skin. The minerals including lime, alumina and iron oxides present in multani mitti can give you a fair complexion. Fuller’s Earth is a mixture of montmorillonite minerals and bentonite and these minerals ensure a healthy glowing skin naturally.
15. Carrot and Avocado:Mash one soft avocado and one cooked carrot. Blend it together with half cup of heavy cream, 1 egg, a dab of honey and spread it over your face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
A good beauty regime, healthy diet and proper exercise are the keys for getting healthy and glowing skin. Here are some foods that you should eat daily to get a healthy glowing skin:
- Eating tomatoes and tomato based food can help to clear acne. Lycopene present in tomatoes help to combat acne and stubborn spots. You can always include tomatoes in your diet between 3-5 times a week. The phytochemical Lycopene also protect the skin from UV rays and improve the skin’s antioxidant status. Antioxidants combat free radicals produced from excessive sun exposure.
- Green tea fights acne by lowering the levels of acne producing hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). One should drink three to five cups of green tea daily to get a flawless complexion. Green tea also has anti-oxidants that make your skin look young and healthy.
- Deep colored berries like blueberries and cherries are rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants help your body to keep acne and blemishes at bay. Sometimes blemishes occur due to oxidative stress, antioxidants in berries will help to remove these blemishes.
- Berries such a strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are all loaded with vitamin C. Vitamin C help to prevent inflammation and give skin a healthy glow.
- An International study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition show that those who consumed fish and seafood regularly had less skin wrinkling. This is because Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish and seafood slow down the wrinkling process. Inflammatory chemicals act on the collagen of the skin causing wrinkles. Omega 3 Fatty Acids can delay the secretion of the inflammatory chemicals and prevent premature signs of ageing from appearing on the skin. Omega 3 fatty acids also help to fight acne, which is also a type of inflammation caused by bacteria. Those who are prone to acne should eat four to five servings of fish every week. You can also have fish oil supplements as well.
- Ceramides are lipid molecules that help the skin to maintain its moisture balance. Many skincare products have ceramides in the list of ingredients. You can also consume naturally occurring ceramides by having brown rice. These ceramides gets absorbed in the outer layer of the skin and this help to maintain its hydration.
- Almonds help to retain moisture in the body. Eating almonds everyday soaked overnight can give the skin a healthy appearance and reduce dryness. Almonds are also rich in vitamin E which is good for the skin.
- Bananas are rich in vitamins A, B and E and works like an anti-ageing agent. This fruit when mixed with honey gives the skin an instant glow. Eat one banana daily. You can also mash a banana and blend it with honey and apply it on your face. Wash it with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. Repeat this method once in two days for best results.
- Yogurt is rich in probiotics and it ensures a healthy gut. When your digestive tract is clean your skin gives a natural glow. Applying yogurt also gives you a healthy glowing skin
- Cucumber also makes the skin fair. You can have a cucumber in your salads and also apply it on your face. The cooling effect of cucumbers soothes the face and reduces sun tan.
- Drink enough water and citrus fruit juices to make the skin fair and healthy. Hydrated skin stays healthy and plump always.
- Milk has lots of vitamins that are good for your skin. Drink 2-3 glasses of milk daily. If you are lactose intolerant you can try protein rich soy milk.