Here is a list of 15 kitchen beauty tips Ingredients that you can use:
It is pretty much the saviour for your skin. Honey acts as a natural antiseptic and antifungal, and it’s also a fantastic humectant, which preserves the moisture in the skin. Try dabbing a bit over broken facial acne to speed the repair process.
so here is one mask that has been veru popular!
Gram flour has been traditionally used in beauty care, mainly to deep cleanse and exfoliate the skin. It can be added to face packs to remove Tan and to cleanse and tighten the skin.
- Mix it with yogurt, lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric or mix ground almonds with gram flour, milk and lemon juice. Apply it on the face and wash off after 20 to 30 minutes. It helps to remove tan and lighten skin colour.
- To reduce oiliness, mix it with yogurt and apply. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- For pimple prone skin, mix it with sandalwood paste, turmeric and milk to make it into a paste. Apply on the face and wash it off after 20 minutes.
- To discourage facial hair, mix gram flour with water into a paste and apply on the area. Wash it off when it dries.
Well all of this works but then there is one recipe that has been extremely popular especially with our grandmothers Here is a video on how to do it…if your grandma hasn’t already drilled in into you!
Eggs are often used in cooking and baking, but can also be applied on the face to help ward off wrinkles and to potentially tighten sagging skin. By applying egg whites directly onto your skin, you can give yourself an effective facial without spending a lot of money. Egg whites can be used as a mask to make the skin tighter and firmer.
- To make your own firming mask, separate two eggs into egg whites and yolk.
- Whip the egg whites with a fork for 10 seconds, and then spread the egg whites over your skin with your fingers.
- Leave the egg whites on your skin for 30 minutes, or until they dry completely.
- Wash the dried egg whites off your skin using warm water.
There is a particular compound in potatoes that helps to reduce swelling and puffiness. Using a vegetable peeler, shred a small amount of potato, let it chill in the fridge for a while, and then place the chilled potato under your eyes for 15 minutes. When you remove them, you will find less puffiness under those eyes and it also helps in reducing dark circles if used regularly. You can also use a potato slice instead of shredding them but shredded potato is definitely more effective.
Here are a few more ways you can use this miracle worker
Mix a little Cinnamon powder to your favourite lip-gloss to turn it into a lip-plumper. It can also be used to help dry out acne and exfoliate dull, tired skin by making a facial mask out of honey and cinnamon. Cinnamon is a very strong spice so a little quantity goes a long way.
[ Read: Fair Skin Remedies ]Here is a video to show how!
Yogurt:Yogurt or curds like we to call it is another miracle worker hiding away in some corner in our homes! This is called a miracle worker for it all is capable of moisturizing, fighting acne, reducing discoloration, preventing premature aging and providing relief from sun burns! Yup all of that in one! Here is a video on one of the many masks that you make out of it.
[Read:Herbal Beauty Tips]
This strong smelling, yellowish spice not only works as a great anti septic but is also great for fading skin discolorations and post-acne scarring.
- Mix it with just enough lime juice to make a medium-thickness paste, and dab onto discoloured skin only.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- The area treated may take on a temporary yellow tint that should fade with another washing or two.
- Regular usage of turmeric not only helps with discoloration but also helps in getting an acne free healthy skin.
Coffee:Coffee not only wakes you up from the tired mood, it can also work wonders on a tired and dull skin due to its exfoliating properties. Mix grounded Coffee powder in small quantity with your favourite face wash and you have your very own facial scrub.
And if you don’t want to use your face wash, you can always make a scrub out of coffee grounds! Here is how..
And you can add cinnamon too! Here is how…
[Read:Basic Beauty Tips For Face]
Apple Cider Vinegar:
You can now banish your acne using this mask!
Lemon Juice:face packs or can be directly applied on the face in order to get rid of discoloration.
- For instant glow on your face after a tired day, just mix equal quantities of lemon juice and rose water and apply it on your skin.
- It stings a little but wait till it dries and wash it off and there you have it, a clear glowing face.
- Mix it with some gram flour and rose water and use it as a scrub on your face to get rid of dead and dry skin.
- Another way to use it is to mix honey and sugar together to use as a great (and yummy) lip exfoliator.
Milk and Milk Cream:
- For soft and pink lips apply milk cream on your lips at night before going to sleep. It is known to be the best cure for chapped lips. So when you want to restore moisture on your lips in very little time you should apply milk cream and let it remain for 15-20 minutes. Use a soft brush to remove chapped skin and then wash your lips with lukewarm water.
- Milk can also be used as a skin cleanser. It helps in removing dirt from you’re the pores and leaves the face all clean and moisturised. Just mix 1/4th cup of milk with some lemon juice and a little salt and use it as a cleanser.
[Read:Best Natural Beauty Tips]
- To prepare an oatmeal pack, mix ½ cup of oatmeal with ½ cup milk and make a paste.
- Clean your face with normal water and then apply the pack evenly on your face.
- Allow the pack to rest for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water while scrubbing your face with the pack in circular motions.
- The seeds give soothing effect to the skin and help with any kind of skin inflammation and swelling.
- To make a homemade facial scrub, take two tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and mix it into a paste with one tablespoon of yogurt.
- Rub it on your face and neck in circular movements and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- To get rid of pimples, grind the seeds into a fine powder. Mix it with water, so that it becomes a thick paste. Dip a cotton ball into the paste and gently apply it on the affected area. Let it dry for 4-5 hours. Use this remedy every alternate day and wash your face with cold water. It gives quick and effective result and doesn’t leave any marks.
- For a natural skin cleanser, add some fenugreek seeds into three cups of waters and boil it. Strain the water and let it cool. Use this water for washing your face. It not only cleanses the face but also cleanses the skin.